Tuesday, March 5, 2013

New Area

Hey guys!!

I don't really have much to talk about this week!!  Mom I am sorry about the money, I had to get a new suitcase and it is a long story but I don't have one anymore, so I had to buy a new one and it was super expensive for the cheapest one.
 
Hey so I don't know if you guys heard they are opening a new mission here.  So they are cutting this mission in half and the other east San Salvador mission in half and making a new mission.  This mission is not going to have Belize any more.  The new mission is going to have Belize in it.  No one knows really what mission were going to be in anymore,  we will all know by the first of July.  I really need all of your prayers for the Lord to put me in the correct area where I can relate to the people and help them to the best of my abilities.  So please pray for me a lot to be put in the mission that I can do the most good for the children of god.  I have been praying a lot about this. and I have been studying a lot and preparing.  I really just want to be the very best missionary I can be.  If I can't help all the people here in the mission how am I going to help the world when I get back.

So this week was super hard, a lot of our dates fell through and we had only one kid at church.  I was super bummed this sunday!!  I feel like I have been working super hard.  I have not had good results this week.  I believe it all comes down to sacrifice.  The other day I was thinking about our mission calls and everything. and all the sacrifices we made to come out here.  It  comes down to what I promised the Lord when I received my call and signed it and sent it to the prophet.  I signed my soul to the Lord for 2 years to work hard and obey every one of the rules.  I really  think the little rules actually are the most important and I feel like that's why my hard work is not paying off fully.  Like the rule, clean your shoes every day, I don't do that, I don't make my bed everyday, and I am not organized.  These are all rules here in the mission, so I decided I was going to try to keep all the little rules of the mission because some times I listen to music from disney but in this mission your only suppose to listen to hymns. So I believe if I start keeping the little rules, I'll start to have a lot of success again.
 
So I have some exciting news for you guys that I am both nervous and excited for the adventure.  I am going to be training a new missionary again and opening a new area. I am really nervous because it's going to be really hard to have to find all the members and everything and just start from scratch   and with another new missionary, so I am going to have to do pretty much everything. The new missionaries that already know Spanish, only go to the MTC for 2 weeks now.  My new companion will only be in the mission 2 weeks, how crazy is that.  So I am super excited for the adventure and the opportunity to strengthen my faith in the Lord. I know if I put my faith in him I can open this new area. But very nervous too!  I want to be the best I can. So please pray for the new area that I am going to, that the people will be ready to receive me, that I will be ready to receive them. and same with my new comp I am going to have and that I can learn a lot from him and that I will teach him the right way to be in the mission and be a good missionary.

One bummer about the mission is a lot of people here think fun is of the devil.  If your having fun, the leaders just assume your not being obedient. It's like "come on man lighten up" your in the mission.  Have some fun!!!   Today is my last pday with Elder's Hansen and Gottschalk, we're going to make the mango rice recipe (thanks for send it mom) together we will be the baker bros.
 
Just please pray for me to go to area that I am needed most and have the desire to always be progressing and preparing so I can be more of a servant to the Lord.
 
Elder Daniel McKenna

No comments:

Post a Comment