Monday, February 18, 2013

Working Hard!

Okay so the pool idea is successful!!  Today I want to make a music video in spanish with us in the pool and on our ping pong table.

So yesterday was the hardest thing I have had to do in the mission.  So I had a date for baptism yesterday, but because the owner of the house doesn't want her taking lessons and her getting baptized they kicked her out of the house.  This was in the morning 2 hours before  church started and she had her bed and all her stuff in the street and everything she owned.  She is like 70 years old too so she had nothing.  But this is the moment that I realized I have changed and I am so grateful for DAD!!   So grateful for teaching me how to work hard  and if I want to get something done I have to work.  Because the old me would of just quit right there and just would of hopped in her bed and slept and wouldn't have wanted to figure this out.  But because of my dad always teaching me if I want to get something done I've got to work for it.  So my companion started complaining because it was his birthday yesterday and he wasn't going to have a baptism for his birthday now.  So I did what was best and made changes really quick.  I dropped off Mr. Complainy Pants off at the church and returned with a church leader.  I had to do the craziest thing in 2 hours.  Build her a house!!  Yup and guess what! We built her a house, got her to sacrament meeting and then baptized her!! Yeah that was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life.  I know that it was not me doing the work, it was all The Lord. I could really feel his presence there telling me what to do and working with me.  So thanks dad!!! for teaching me to get busy and get work done and listen to the spirit!!!  Believe me, the temptations of who I used to be, just quit when things get hard.  Those lazy temptations are going away, I can really feel a change in my life!!  This lady lives like 45 min away from the church (walking) so this really took The Lord's help to complete this!!

Hey guys I am sorry that I keep saying I'll send pics its just I have been so busy!!  My zone (22 elders) are going to baptize 9 people this month and I am just really trying to do my part.  I feel so bad for the mission president and the lord, there is so much work to be done!!  So I am just forgetting about pictures and all that stuff right now and I am trying to do all I can right now for the lord!!  When I do have a break it's pool and s'more time!!  So I promise I'll send pics to you guys in the next couple weeks, sorry just super busy.

Speaking of being busy I need the help of all of you guys!!!  This is to complete a dream when I get back!!

So just if each of you buys a bag of marshmallows every month just one bag a month when I return I'll have about like 500 bags of marshmallows  Then I want to clean out a pool and fill a pool of marshmallows and swim in it!!!  Now if everyone does there part in the family and buys one bag a month that's like 20 a month not including my friends that I have talked to to start this.  So please I beg of you all to buy one bag of marshmallows a month for this plan!! please!!!!!!!  If you have doubts just think the whole family in a pool of marshmallows!!!  Yeah I know you all want to do this, I know jacob and jenn and ry guy want too!!  I know for sure kadan will do his part!! Mom, Dad, I really am relying on you guys to do your part!!  You too uncle lee!!

Elder Daniel McKenna

No comments:

Post a Comment