Monday, November 5, 2012

Busy!


Dear Family & Friends,
I could really feel your prayers for me this past week.  Thank you so much for all your prayers.  
 
So this week was super fun!!! yeah!! Monday was my birthday and that was way fun!!!  Except it's a tradition here to get your face slammed with a cake and we had four families plan a surprise party for me, so I had to get my face slammed 4 times which was awesome!! But here you don't waste food so you have to eat everything even the face mark in the cake  Yeah in 2 hours I had to eat 8 popusas, 1 pizza, chocolate bananas, 4 big cakes, chicken sandwiches and 2 2litter sodas.  Yeah it was super fun, but it sucked so bad at the same time because it's very rude not to eat what is given to you (since they don't have much) so i had to eat all of that!! no wonder i am getting fat!!

So this week was super fun with my companion he is teaching me a lot.  We work hard and we have 7 dates for baptism this 11 of November and a matrimonial on the 10th we are having so so much fun together and working so hard.  I just made compromises with him, if we work and study all the hours we are supposed to, we can have fun at night in the house!! and believe me we are having so much fun!! especially since the holidays are so big here and everyone here knows how to make fireworks and they have taught us the ways.  I have some cool videos and pics I'll be sending next week because I don't have a lot of time right now.
 
We have 30 investigators and so don't have a lot of time this week but next week ill send them!!  i feel really bad but good about the leaders of our ward the bishop, young men's presidents, and all those leaders because last week we gave them a list of investigators they needed to visit.  Because we cant visit all of ours because we have so many  and they all promised they would invite them to church and visit them.   But they didn't, so yesterday I held a meeting with them and we asked them to raise there hands if visited the in active members and investigators we had assigned them and not one raised there hand.   Even the bishop didn't even visit a member that is inactive. So we shared a scripture in Jacob that if you don't help the children of god, then the sins is on there heads, so yeah we totally machetted them!!  At first I felt bad but we were guided by the spirit to do that and guess what yesterday all of them visited at least one person so it turns out it worked out!! So we hope to see more people at church this up coming Sunday!! This past Sunday we had 7  investigators and 4 in active at church.

So yeah I am having a lot of fun!! Teaching people about Jesus is so much fun.  Have a great week bye,
 
Elder Daniel McKenna

No comments:

Post a Comment